If you received compensation for the loss of your income or financial support from of a public compensation plan outside of Québec, and which was based on your net employment income, you’ll need to adjust your income using the form TP-7188.8.131.52-V.
You might have received your income replacement indemnities because of:
- An accident at work
- A work suspension
- A traffic accident
- An act of good citizenship or
- If you were the victim of a crime
The amount you received in compensation or indemnities might be shown on your T5007: Statement of benefits slip.
Your compensation needs to be based on your net employment income for you to use this form. If it wasn’t – for example, if you received benefits from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) of Ontario because of an accident which happened before April 1, 1985 – then you don’t need to use the TP-7184.108.40.206-V form.
If you received income replacement indemnities this year that you were actually owed from a previous year, contact Revenu Québec at 1-800-267-6299.
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- Under the PREPARE tab, click the OTHER icon.
- Under the OTHER DEDUCTIONS heading, select the checkbox labelled Adjustment for income replacement indemnities (plan outside Québec)(TP-7220.127.116.11-V), and then click Continue.
- When you arrive at the page for form TP-718.104.22.168-V, enter your information into the tax software.