TP-64.3-V: General Employment Conditions

As someone who works as a commissioned or salaried employee, you might have paid for work-related expenses in 2016 that you can to deduct from your income.

Keep in mind, most employees can’t deduct their employment expenses. For example, many people won’t be able to write off the cost of gas to get to and from the workplace, nor can they deduct the cost of a parking space at the office. If you aren’t sure if you’re eligible to deduct your work-related expenses, refer to your employment contract; it should indicate if you’re required to pay for your own expenses out of pocket. For more information, check out Revenu Québec’s Employment Expenses Guide.

If you’re eligible, have your employer fill out form TP-64.3-V for you – this form will indicate which expenses you’re required to pay for.  You can then use this information to complete form TP-59-V: Employment expenses of salaried employees and employees who earn commissions. Be sure to keep the document your employer gave you in case Revenu Québec asks to see it at a later time.

Note: Your employer will provide you with a T2200: Declaration of conditions of employment form which you’ll use claim some of your employment expenses when completing your federal return.


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the LET’S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.

  2. Select the checkbox labelled I was employed.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You will find yourself here:

  4. Under the EXPENSES heading, select the checkbox labelled Employment expenses (T777, TP-59-V, TP-78-V, TP-78.4-V, TP-75.2-V, TP-64.3-V), then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the page for Employment expenses, enter your information into the tax software.