If you lived in a residential complex (such as a condominium) and paid fees during the year that included the cost of eligible services, for which you can claim the tax credit for home-support services for seniors, you can ask the building’s syndicate of co-owners to complete this form. This form reports the cost of eligible services that are included in the condominium fees you’ve paid during the year, including common expenses and contributions to a contingency fund, that can be used to claim the tax credit.
Anyone, who’s at least 70 years of age on December 31, can ask the syndicate of co-owners of his or her condominium to complete this form as long as:
- You own a unit in the condominium and
- The condominium fee includes the cost of at least one home-support service such as housekeeping, rug cleaning, garbage removal, pool maintenance, and more.
Where can I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure that you told us you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- On the PREPARE tab, click the OTHER icon. You will find yourself here:
- Under the MEDICAL AND DISABILITY-RELATED CARE section, select the checkbox labelled Tax credit for home-support services for seniors (TPZ-1029.MD.5-V), then click Continue.
- When you reach the TPZ-1029.MD.5-V page, enter your information into the software.