TP-1029.9-V: Taxi Drivers and Taxi Owners – Citizens (Québec)

If you’re a taxi driver living in Québec, you can claim the refundable tax credit for taxi drivers (up to a maximum of $565) by using TP-1029.9.V if:

  • you held a taxi driver’s permit but not a taxi owner’s permit at some point during the year or
  • you held a taxi driver’s permit and a taxi owner’s permit on December 31st, and you paid for less than 90% of the fuel costs for each taxi covered by a permit

If you’re a taxi owner living in Québec, you too can use TP-1029.9.V to claim your tax credit for taxi owners as long as you held at least one taxi owner’s permit on December 31st and you paid for 90% or more of the fuel costs for each taxi covered by a permit. The maximum credit you can expect to receive is $565 per permit.

Note: If your taxi owner’s permit was issued in more than one person’s name, you’ll need to choose one person to be the sole permit holder on the TP-1029.9.V to claim the tax credit.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the LET'S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.

  2. Select the checkbox labelled I was employed or I worked for myself then select your province or territory of self-employment.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You will find yourself here:

  4. Under the CREDITS AND REBATES heading, select the checkbox labelled Tax credit for taxi drivers or taxi owners (TP-1029.9-V), then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the page for your TP-1029.9-V slip, enter your information into the tax software.