Let's Talk About 2016: I was a student

Select this checkbox if, in 2016, you were a student and you:

  • Want to claim tuition amounts that you’ve carried forward from a previous year
  • Received a scholarship, grant, or bursary that was or wasn’t reported on a slip (T4A or RL-1 slip) or
  • Paid interest on a student loan or have interest not claimed in a previous year

Depending on your province or territory of residence, you might be able to claim one of the following additional credits on this page:

Province or territory

Tax credit


 Manitoba tuition fee income tax rebate (T1005)


Tax credit for recent graduates working in remote resource  regions (TP-776.1.ND-V)


 Saskatchewan graduate retention program (RC360)


Where can I learn more?