TP-66-V: Employment Expenses of Transport Employees

Do you work in the transportation industry (as a railway, airline, bus, or trucking company employee) or as someone who regularly delivers property far enough away that you can’t return home at the end of the day? If so, you can claim a deduction for your meals and accommodation expenses using the TP-66-V form as long as these expenses weren’t already reimbursed to you by your employer.

If you have multiple employers, you’ll need to enter the information for the work you’ve done and the expenses you paid while working for them separately.

As a transportation employee, you might also be able to claim a Québec sales tax (QST) rebate if you had to deduct these expenses from your employment income.

To claim a deduction for your meals and accommodation expenses on your federal return, you’ll need to complete the TL2: Claim for meals and lodging expenses.


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the LET’S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.

  2. Select the checkbox labelled I was employed. You'll find yourself here:

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon and under the EXPENSES heading, select the checkbox labelled Employment expenses of transport employees (TP-66-V).

  4. When you arrive at the Employment expenses of transport employees page, enter your information into the tax software.