TP-76-V: Clergy Residence Deduction (Québec)

If you worked as a member of the clergy or a religious order, or as a regular minister of a religious denomination in Québec, and you were required to use your home throughout the course of your employment, you can claim a deduction for the cost of your residence using form TP-76-V: Clergy Residence Deduction.

To claim this deduction, you must also be employed full-time as someone who is:

  • A Minister to (or in charge of) a diocese, parish, or congregation
  • Engaged exclusively in full-time administrative service as appointed by a religious order or religious denomination

Once you’ve filed your return, download a copy and have your employer complete and sign Part 2 of your TP-76-V for your records. You won’t have to file the TP-76-V with your return, but keep it just in case Revenu Québec asks to see it later.

Note: Residents of Québec will also need to complete the federal form T1223: Clergy residence deduction.


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the LET’S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.

  2. Select the checkbox labelled I was employed and/or I worked for myself and select Québec as your province of self-employment.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You will find yourself here:


  4. Under the CREDITS AND REBATES heading, select the checkbox labelled Residence deduction for a member of the clergy or a religious order (TP-76-V), then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the page for your Residence deduction for a member of the clergy or a religious order, enter your information into the tax software.