T4E: Statement of employment insurance and other benefits

Your T4E: Statement of employment insurance and other benefits slip shows you the employment insurance and other benefits you received or repaid in the year, and any income tax that was taken off from these amounts.  You’ll get a T4E if you had:

  • Amounts paid to you because you lost your job through no fault of your own
  • Work-sharing benefits
  • Financial assistance because you were part of an approved employment program
  • Maternity and/or parental benefits
  • Tuition assistance

If you’re a Québec resident and received benefits under the Employment Insurance Program, you’ll also get a T4E(Q) slip. For parental benefits under the Québec Parental Insurance Plan, you’ll get an RL-6 slip.

Note: If you didn’t receive a T4E slip and you think you should have, you can check your My Service Canada account (if you’re registered), and view and print any copies you find in there. You can also contact Service Canada at 1-800-206-7218 to have duplicate slips sent to you.


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon.


  2. Type T4E in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the appropriate page for your T4E slip, enter your information into the tax software.