TP-22-V: Income Tax Payable by an Individual Who Carries on a Business in Canada, Outside Québec

If you were a resident of Québec on December 31 who ran one or more businesses that earned income (either partially or entirely) from a location in a province or territory outside of Québec? If so, you’ll need to use form TP-22-V to calculate your income tax payable.

Important: You won’t need to enter your information into the TP-22-V if your business sustained a net loss during the year.


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the LET’S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.

  2. Select the checkbox labelled I worked for myself and then select your province or territory of self-employment from the drop-down menu.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:


  4. Under the BUSINESS AND SELF-EMPLOYMENT INCOME heading, select the checkbox labelled Tax payable by an individual who carries on a business in Canada, outside Québec (TP-22-V), then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the page for form Tax respecting business in Canada, outside Québec, enter your information into the tax software.