Are you a resident of Manitoba whose business is printing, assembling, or binding books? If you are, you might be able to claim the Manitoba cultural industries printing tax credit. This refundable credit is equal to 15% of the eligible printing revenue you earned during the year.
The books you’re producing must be:
- For a Canadian publisher and
- Eligible for the book publishing tax credit, or would be eligible if they were a first edition
Remember to keep all your supporting documents in case the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) asks to see them later.
Where do I claim this?
Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in MANITOBA on December 31, 2016.
- Under the PREPARE tab, click the LET’S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.
- Select the checkbox labelled I worked for myself, and choose the province or territory of your self-employment.
- Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:
- Under the CREDITS AND REBATES heading, select the checkbox labelled Manitoba cultural industries printing tax credit, then click Continue.
- When you arrive at the page for the Manitoba cultural industries printing tax credit, enter your information into the tax software.