Are you a Québec resident who’s at least 70 years old and who paid registration fees to participate in physical, artistic, cultural, or recreational activities? If so, you might be eligible to receive a refund equal to 20% of the fees you paid, up to a maximum $40!
To claim this credit:
- Your income for the year can’t more than the maximum threshold set by Revenu Québec
- The activities must be part of a program which lasted at least 8 consecutive weeks or 5 consecutive days, or must be offered by a club or association which you were a member of for at least 8 consecutive weeks
- You have your receipt for the registration or membership fees you paid
If the fees you paid have been or could be reimbursed, you can’t claim this tax credit. Similarly, if your fees have been used to calculate another tax credit, you can’t use them to claim this credit. You also can’t claim fees you’ve paid for activities offered by a private senior’s residence where you live or to a business without a valid QST number.
Where do I claim this?
Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- Under the PREPARE tab, click the LET'S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.
- Select the checkbox labelled I was retired or I was 65 or older.
- Click the RETIREMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:
- Under the CREDITS heading, select the checkbox labelled Tax credit for seniors' activities and click Continue.
- When you arrive at the page for the Tax credit for seniors' activities, enter your information into the tax software.