Note: H&R Block’s online tax software doesn’t support returns claiming payments received through the AgriStability and/or Agrilnvest Programs. Please contact the retail office closest to you and one of our Tax Experts will be happy to help (fees will apply).
As a farmer living in Québec, you might have received government support payments during the year to help your business. If you did, you’ll receive a Relevé 21: Farm support payments (RL-21) (French only) and a AGR-1: Statement of farm support payments reporting the amounts you received.
Keep in mind, the information from your RL-21 slip doesn’t automatically transfer onto your federal return – it only transfers onto your provincial return. You’ll need to use your RL-21 and your AGR-1 to complete your federal T2042: Statement of farming activities.
You’ll also need the information found on your RL-21 slip to complete certain parts of a corporate, partnership, or trust income tax return for your farming business (if applicable), specifically:
- CO-17: Déclaration de revenus des sociétés
- TP-600-V: Partnership information return
- TP-646-V: Trust income tax return
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure that you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-21 or relevé 21 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-21, enter your information into the tax software.