T5006: Statement of registered labour-sponsored venture capital corporation class A shares

You’ll be issued a T5006 slip if you bought labour-sponsored venture capital corporation (LSVCC) class A shares during the year or within the first 60 days of the new year. The amounts found on this slip will be used to calculate the labour-sponsored funds tax credits that you’re eligible to claim.

A registered LSVCC can only sell shares to individuals (other than trusts) and trusts governed by RRSPs.

If you’re a resident of Québec, you’ll receive a Relevé 10: Tax credit for a labour-sponsored fund (RL-10) so that you can report these amounts, too. You’ll need your RL-10 to claim your Québec tax credit for labour-sponsored funds.

If you didn’t receive a T5006 slip but think you should have, contact the organization or financial institution involved with your purchase. You can also contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) at 1-800-959-8281 to see if they can send you a duplicate copy.


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

  1. On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:


  2. Type T5006 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the page for your T5006, enter your information into the tax software