Were you responsible for a family-type or intermediate resource during the year? If so, form LM-53-V allows you to figure out your insurable and/or pensionable earnings so that you can calculate both of the following amounts:
- Québec parental insurance plan (QPIP) premiums and
- Québec Pension Plan (QPP) contributions
Keep in mind, if someone else in your household is also responsible for your family-type or immediate resource, each of you will need to complete separate copies of the LM-53-V.
Note: If you provide health or social services to 9 or fewer individuals in your home during the year, entrusted to you by one or more of the public institutions referred to by the Act respecting health services and social services, you’ll need to complete the LM-53-V.
What is a family-type or intermediate resource?
A family-type or intermediate resource refers to a person that takes those suffering from a chronic illness, mental health problems, or those within the foster care system into their own home and provides them with social and health services.
Where do I claim this?
Before you begin, make sure that you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- On the PREPARE tab, click the LET'S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.
- Select the checkbox labelled I was employed or I worked for myself, then select your province or territory of self-employment from the dropdown menu.
- Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:
- Under the CREDITS AND REBATES heading, select the checkbox labelled Earnings of a person responsible for a family-type or intermediate resource (LM-53-V), then click Continue.
- When you arrive at the page for Insurable earnings under the QPIP and pensionable earnings under the QPP of a person responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource, enter your information into the tax software.