T1232: Yukon research and development tax credit (individuals)

The Yukon research and development tax credit (for individuals) is a refundable tax credit that allows you to claim up to 15% of eligible expenses you paid to conduct scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) activities within the Yukon territory. If the expenses were paid to the Yukon College, you can claim an additional 5% on your return.

Important: You must claim this tax credit within 12 months of the tax year in which your eligible expenses were paid.

To be eligible to claim this credit, you must be a resident of the Yukon on December 31, 2016.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in the YUKON on December 31, 2016.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the LET'S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.

  2. Select the checkbox labelled I was employed or I worked for myself and select the Yukon as your territory of self-employment.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:

  4. Under the EXPENSES heading, select the checkbox labelled Yukon research and development tax credit for individuals (T1232), then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the page for the Yukon research and development tax credit for individuals, enter your information into the tax software.