Disability amount transferred from a dependant other than your spouse

When transferring the disability amount from a dependant that isn’t your spouse (like a parent or grandparent), you’ll need to enter the total amount from the following lines located on your dependant’s Schedule 1 in order to calculate the actual amount that can be transferred to you.

Note: You’ll need to complete your dependant’s return first to know the amounts that you’ll need to enter. Refer to the appropriate section of their Tax Summary (PDF), if using H&R Block’s Tax Software.

If applicable, you’ll also need to include the amount entered on line 11 under Part A of your dependant’s RC269.


Where can I learn more?