If you purchased or redeemed shares acquired from Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins (CRCD) in 2016 (or in the first 60 days of 2017), you’ll be issued a Relevé 26 (RL-26) slip. This slip reports both the amounts you paid to buy your CRCD shares as well as the amounts you received upon their redemption or through a purchase by agreement.
Depending on your situation, you might be able to claim a tax credit for buying your CRCD shares. To claim this tax credit:
- You must have been a resident of Québec on December 31, 2016
- Your RL-26 must show an amount in box B (this amount is equal to your credit amount) and
- You’re the first purchaser of the CRDC shares that you acquired
Note: You won’t be able to carry forward any portion of this credit that you aren’t claiming in 2016 for use in a future year.
If you didn’t receive an RL-26 slip and you were expecting one, you’ll need to contact the CRCD to have them send you a duplicate. If you’re registered, you can also get your slip information using Revenu Québec’s My Account service. If neither of these options works for you, obtain your information by calling Revenu Québec at 1-800-267-6299.
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure that you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-26 or relevé 26 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-26 slip, enter your information into the tax software.