You should periodically clear the cache and cookies from your internet browser, to help it function more efficiently. This means that you are removing any old, or stored website settings, to make sure the website you are visiting is functioning in the most efficient and effective manner.
WARNING: If you clear your cache, all your browser history will be erased, including saved usernames and passwords. Ensure this is what you want to do, before you proceed.
Follow the instructions below that are specific to your internet browser.
- Click the Tools icon (in the top right-hand corner of the browser window).
- In the internet options dialogue box, under the General tab, in the Browsing History section, click Delete.
- Ensure that the checkboxes related to temporary internet files and website files are selected.
- Click Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Firefox 7.0 and above
- Click the icon in the top right-hand corner of three horizontal lines.
- Click Options.
- Click Privacy from the left-hand menu.
- Under History, click clear all current history.
- Select what you wish to clear using the checkboxes displayed on-screen.
- Click Clear Now.
- In the upper right of the window, click the icon with the three horizontal lines.
- Under Settings, click Show advanced settings.
- Under Privacy, click Clear browsing data.
- Select all of the items you wish to delete using the applicable checkboxes.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Click History in the top browser bar.
- Select Clear History.
- You will see a dialogue box asking you if you are sure you want to clear your history (as this can’t be undone). Click Clear.
Firefox for Mac OS X
- From the Tools menu, click Clear Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear drop-down menu, select the desired range.
To clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Click the down arrow next to Details to choose which elements to clear. Click Clear Now.
Mobile iOS devices
- From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
- To confirm, tap Clear Cookies or Clear Cache.