If you had a service contract with a department or an agency of the Québec government in 2016, you’ll receive a Relevé 27 (RL-27) slip. Your RL-27 slip is used to report the following information:
- Contractual payments (Box A) and/or
- Subsidies (Box B)
If you didn’t receive an RL-27 slip and you were expecting one, you can:
- Contact the department directly and request a duplicate copy
- Contact Revenu Québec by calling 1-800-267-6299 or
- Access the information through Revenu Québec’s My Account service (registration required)
Type de bénéficiaire (type of recipient)
When completing the RL-27 page, you’ll need to indicate your recipient status as shown on your paper RL-27 slip. You can do this in the dropdown menu labelled, Type de bénéficiaire (type of recipient). Available options include:
- 1 – Individual or trust
- 2 – Corporation
- 3 – Partnership
- 4 – Individual (or trust), corporation or partnership that is a holder of a joint account or co-recipient of payments
- 5 – Individual (or trust), corporation or partnership that is part of a consortium or joint venture
For example, if you entered into the service contract as a member of a partnership, select 3 in the previously mentioned dropdown menu:
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure that you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-27 or relevé 27 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-27 slip, enter your information into the tax software.