The Relevé 2: Retirement and annuity income (RL-2) slip is used by residents of Québec to complete their personal tax return and typically contains the following information:
- Retirement income
- Annuity income
- Amounts paid to a surviving spouse
- Amounts paid to someone after the death of an annuitant
- Contributions or premiums that a retired employee paid to a private health services plan
This list not complete. For complete information regarding your RL-2 slip, check out the list found on the Revenu Québec website.
Note: Certain income types and amounts you’ve transferred to another plan or fund aren’t reported on an RL-2 slip.
An RL-2 slip can be issued to you by any of the following:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) issuers
- Pooled Registered Pension Plan (PRPP) and Voluntary Retirement Savings plan (VRSP) administrators
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) trustees
- Payers of retirement benefits, annuities, and income-averaging annuities
Note: If you received an RL-2 slip, you’ll also receive a federal T4AP slip.
If you haven’t received an RL-2 slip, and you were expecting one, try reaching out in the following ways:
- Contact your financial institution directly to receive a duplicate
- Contact Revenu Québec by calling 1 (800) 267-6299
- Log into My Account on the Revenu Québec website
- Visit the Régie des rentes du Québec (RRQ) web site
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
- Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-2 or relevé 2 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for the RL-2 slip, enter your information into the tax software.