The Relevé 19 (RL-19) slip is used to report any advance payments of tax credits you received during the year for the following programs:
- The work premium, the adapted work premium, or the supplement to the work premium
- Childcare expenses
- Home-support services for seniors or
- Treatment of infertility
How do advance payments of tax credits work?
When you request an advance payment of a credit related to one of the categories listed above, Revenu Québec estimates the amount of credit that you’re entitled to. They will then pay out this amount in equal monthly payments. When completing your return, the total advance payment of tax credits you received throughout the year need to be reported as income, which is why you’ll be issued an RL-19 slip.
If Revenu Québec’s estimate of the credit amount that you’re entitled to ends up being too high, you’ll need to repay the extra amount back to Revenu Québec.
Important: If you don’t report the amounts shown on your RL-19 slip, Revenu Québec will withhold the amount you owe from any refund you might be entitled to.
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
- On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-19: Advanced payment of tax credentials in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-9, enter your information into the tax software.