You will receive a Relevé 22 (RL-22): Employment income related to multi-employer insurance plans slip if you were covered by a personal insurance plan (other than a plan covering the loss of income) and if your employer paid contributions towards that plan for the year. The RL-22 slip is used to report the value of the coverage you received under the personal insurance plan.
A multi-employer insurance plan is a personal insurance plan that:
- Applies to an economic sector, industry, or activity under a law, regulation, or government order
- Is offered jointly by employers in the same economic sector/industry or activity
- Is managed by one administrator
Note: If you work in the construction industry, your insurance plans are multi-employer insurance plans.
This slip has two sections; Box A that shows you all of the coverage you were provided under your insurance plans, and Box B that reports the coverage you were provided under a private health insurance plan. If you have a value in Box B, you might be able to claim it as an eligible medical expense on your Québec return. Refer to Revenu Québec’s website for information on claiming medical expenses.
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block's tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure that you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2016.
- Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon.
- Type RL-22 or relevé 22 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the RL-22 page, enter your information into the tax software.