Relevé 25: Income from a profit-sharing plan (RL-25)

You’ll receive the Relevé 25 (RL-25) slip from your employer or trustee if you’re the beneficiary of a profit-sharing plan and you live in Québec.

Note: If you’re a Canadian living outside of Québec, you’ll be issued a T4PS: Statement of Employee Profit-Sharing Plan Allocations and Payments instead.

On your RL-25, you’ll see your dividends, capital gains (or losses), and the Québec income tax that was withheld. In addition, the following are also reported on the RL-25 slip:

  • Foreign income
  • Foreign income tax on non-business income
  • Foreign capital gains realized
  • Capital gains (or losses) from qualified property
  • Amounts on which Québec Pension Plan (QPP) contributions were made
  • Amounts on which QPP contributions weren’t made


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block's tax software to file your 2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2016.

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon.


  2. Type RL-25 or relevé 25 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the RL-25 page, enter your information into the tax software.