Note: If you’re a Canadian living outside of Québec, you’ll be issued a T4PS: Statement of Employee Profit-Sharing Plan Allocations and Payments instead.
On your RL-25, you’ll see your dividends, capital gains (or losses), and the Québec income tax that was withheld. In addition, the following are also reported on the RL-25 slip:
- Foreign income
- Foreign income tax on non-business income
- Foreign capital gains realized
- Capital gains (or losses) from qualified property
- Amounts on which Québec Pension Plan (QPP) contributions were made
- Amounts on which QPP contributions weren’t made
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block's tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2016.
- Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon.
- Type RL-25 or relevé 25 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the RL-25 page, enter your information into the tax software.