You’ll receive a Relevé 30 (RL-30) slip if you had children who received subsidized childcare during the year. The information found on your RL-30 is used to calculate the additional contribution for subsidized educational childcare you might have to pay when completing your return.
If you were required to pay a basic contribution amount for subsidized childcare, your RL-30 slip will be issued by the childcare centre, subsidized daycare centre, or the coordinating office of your recognized home childcare provider.
What is the additional contribution amount?
Subsidized childcare fees includes a basic contribution (charged per day, per child), and an additional contribution that’s based on your family income, the number of children who received subsidized childcare, and the number of days such care was received by each child.
Both the basic and additional contribution amounts will be indexed every year. You’ll continue to pay the basic contribution to your childcare service provider and, if applicable, pay the additional contribution to Revenu Québec when you file your tax return.
Important: If you’re reporting the amounts found on your paper RL-30 slip on your 2016 return, you’ll also need to enter the net income reported on your (and your spouse’s, if applicable) 2015 Québec return. H&R Block’s tax software will use this information to determine whether or not you’re required to make an additional contribution related to your subsidized childcare expenses.
Follow these steps to enter your 2015 net income in H&R Block’s tax software:
- On the WRAP-UP tab, locate the Dependant amounts page under the OPTIMIZATION icon:
- Under the Additional questions related to your RL-30 slips, enter the net income you reported on your 2015 Québec return* into the designated field of the tax software.
* This information can be found on line 275 of your 2015 Québec return or on your most recent Revenu Québec notice of assessment.
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block's tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Before you begin, make sure that you’ve told us:
- that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2016
- about your dependants
- On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-30 or relevé 30 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-30, enter your information into the tax software.