You've got questions. We've got the answers.

Can I transfer my refund to next year’s instalment account?

Yes. If the type of income you earned requires that you pay your taxes in instalments throughout the year (for example, if you were self-employed), you can transfer this year’s tax refund to your instalment account. However, remember that the CRA requires you to transfer your refund amount in full; you can’t transfer a partial amount. 

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s Tax Software to transfer your 2016 refund amount to your instalment account:

  1. Under the PREPARE tab, click the OTHER icon.

  2. On the PAYMENTS page, select YES next to the question Do you want your refund from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) transferred to next year’s instalment account?


Give us feedback!

Did you find this article helpful? Please take a few seconds to rate it now!

Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Tell us how we can help!