Relevé 10: Tax credit for a labour-sponsored fund (RL-10)

You’ll receive a Relevé 10 (RL-10) slip if you purchased shares in investments that qualify for the labour-sponsored fund tax credit. Specifically, an RL-10 slip will be issued if you live in Québec and you purchased shares in one of the following investments in 2016 or in the first 60 days of 2017:

  • Class A shares in Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ) or
  • Class A or B shares in Fondaction

In either case, you can only claim a tax credit if you purchased the shares as a first purchaser.

Visit Revenu Québec website for a list of situations that would make you ineligible to claim this credit.

Note: To receive your tax credit you’ll need to complete form T5006: Statement of registered labour-sponsored venture capital corporation Class A shares.

Didn’t receive an RL-10 slip, but you were expecting one? You can contact the FTQ or Fondaction – whichever is applicable – to request a duplicate copy. You can also contact Revenu Québec by calling 1-800-267-6299.

Do the amounts I’ve paid to purchase shares in Fondaction or the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ) qualify for the RRSP deduction?

Unfortunately, you don’t automatically qualify for the RRSP deduction if you purchased shares in the Fondaction or the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. You should talk to a specialist at the Fondaction or the Fonds de solidarité FTQ to find out if your purchase of shares qualifies for the RRSP deduction. Click here for more information on how these shares and your RRSP are related.


Where can I claim this?

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon.


  2. Type RL-10 or relevé 10 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the page for your RL-10 slip, enter your information into the tax software.