The TP-752.0.14-V: Certificate Respecting an Impairment form is used to certify that you or your dependant has a severe and prolonged mental or physical impairment. If you or one of your dependants are claiming an amount for a severe and prolonged impairment on your return, you’ll need to complete this form and send it to Revenu Québec with your tax return. If you’re sending this form separately from your return, include a signed letter that details the nature of your request.
Note: Your health professional and/or a physician will also need to complete relevant sections of the form.
Generally speaking, if you have an approved federal T2201: Disability Tax Credit Certificate form, Revenu Québec will accept it. However, you'll need the TP-752.0.14-V if you’re required to provide them a certificate confirming:
- That the impairment is considered severe because of the time spent undergoing therapy that’s essential for a vital function or
- That the person for whom you’re claiming the tax credit for caregivers is unable to live alone
Where do I claim it?
Follow these steps in H&R Block's tax software to file your 2016 taxes:
Note: You and your health professional must complete a paper copy of this form and send it to Revenu Québec. Unfortunately, H&R Block’s tax software doesn't support this form.
If you want to claim an amount for a severe and prolonged impairment on your return, we’ll ask you if you have an approved TP-752.0.14-V on file with Revenu Québec.
Important: Before you begin, make sure you tell us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31, 2016.
- Under the PREPARE tab, click the OTHER icon and navigate to the Special situations page.
- Select Yes to the question Did you suffer from a mental or physical disability in 2016? If you did, would you like to claim the disability tax credit?
- Select Yes to the question Has this mental or physical disability lasted for at least 12 consecutive months?.
- Additional disability-related questions will appear on this page. When you arrive at the question Have you completed a Certificate Respecting an Impairment and has it been approved by Revenu Québec?, select the response that applies to you.
Where can I learn more?
- TP-752.0.14-V: Certificate Respecting an Impairment (Revenu Québec website)
- Line 376 – Amount for a Severe and Prolonged Impairment in Mental or Physical Functions (Revenu Québec website)