You've got questions. We've got the answers.


You will see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if you are a new Canadian resident and you did not enter your foreign-sourced and Canadian-sourced income that’s subject to Part XIII tax on the Newcomers page:

You need to enter the foreign-sourced and Canadian-sourced income you earned while you weren’t a resident in Canada. If you had no income, enter 0. [error code: 155]

How do I fix this?

To correct the error, enter the amount of foreign-sourced and Canadian-sourced income that you earned in 2016 before you became a resident in Canada into the designated field specified above. If you did not earn any income during this time period, enter 0.

Note: The Newcomers page can be found on the PREPARE tab under the OTHER icon.