Enter the number of weeks you were separated

If you and your spouse or common-law partner were separated and living apart on December 31 but got back together within the first 60 days of the following year, you’re both considered to be supporting persons of an eligible child.

Ordinarily, the parent with the lower income has to claim child care expenses. However, if you find yourself in a situation like the one mentioned above, the person with the higher net income can claim a portion of these expenses based on the number of weeks of separation.


Where can I learn more?