You've got questions. We've got the answers.

Did your mailing address change this year?

If your and/or your spouse's or common-law partner's mailing address changed during the year, be sure  to provide your new information to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Revenu Québec (if applicable) before you file your or your spouse’s next return. If you don’t, the CRA and/or Revenu Québec will continue to use the old mailing address they have on file for you and/or your spouse and you might not get certain documents or benefit payments on time.

Note: You can't change your or your spouse’s mailing address using NETFILE when you file your or your spouse's tax return.  


Changing your address with the CRA

There are several options you can use to update your information with the CRA:

  • Log in to the CRA’s My Account service (registration required) and click Change my address
  • Contact the CRA directly by calling 1-800-959-8281
  • Complete and submit form RC325: Address change request or
  • Send a signed letter to the CRA that includes your social insurance number (SIN), new address, and moving date

If you choose either the third or fourth option from the list above, you can mail or fax your information to your respective tax centre.

Tax Tip: You can change someone else’s address at the same time as yours (for instance your spouse or common-law partner’s); simply include their name, SIN, and signature in the letter that you’re submitting.


Changing your address with Revenu Québec

You can update your mailing address with Revenu Québec by using one of following methods:

  • Log in to Revenu Québec’s My Account service (registration required) and click Change of Address or
  • Contact Revenu Québec directly by calling 1-800-267-6299


What’s the difference between using a home address or a mailing address?

Depending on your situation, it might be more convenient for you to receive mail and other correspondence at a location other than your home. For example, you might choose to have your mail delivered to your place of work or, if you spend a lot of time on the road due to your employment, you might like your mail to be delivered to the home of a family member or friend.


Where can I learn more?