Sharing your information with Elections Canada

This question is used by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Elections Canada to keep your and your spouse’s or common-law partner’s (if applicable) information up to date on the National Register of Electors (maintained by Elections Canada).

If you’re a Canadian citizen and allow the CRA to share your information (name, address, date of birth, and citizenship) with Elections Canada, in the event of a federal election or referendum, you'll be sent a voter information card telling you when and where to vote.

Note: Your and/or your spouse’s authorization is valid until you file your next return.


Where can I learn more?