You will see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if, when completing the T777: Statement of employment expenses page, you claimed motor vehicle expenses but you did not enter the number of kilometres you drove during the year to earn employment income:

To claim motor vehicle expenses in the Statement of employment expenses (T777) form, you need to enter the kilometres driven in 2016 to earn employment income. [error code: 350]

How do I fix this?

To correct the error, enter the number of kilometres you drove in the tax year to earn employment income, in the Calculation of Allowable Motor Vehicle Expenses section of form T777.

Note: You can find form T777 on the PREPARE tab under the EMPLOYMENT icon provided you select the checkbox I was employed on the LET'S TALK ABOUT 2016 page.