You will see the following warning message on the ERRORS page in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if, while entering your information on the T4: Statement of remuneration paid page, you entered an amount in box 26 (CPP/QPP pensionable earnings), but you did not enter an amount in any of the following boxes: 14, 71, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, or 88:
You should have an amount in box 14 (Employment income) or for box 71, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, or 88 (in the Box drop-down menu) on the T4 page, because you entered an amount in box 26 (CPP/QPP pensionable earnings). Make sure you entered all the amounts shown on the T4 slip. [Warning]
How do I fix this?
To clear the warning, enter the amount from box 14 as shown on your paper T4 slip into the designated field of the T4 page or, enter the following amounts in the box dropdown menu (as applicable):
- Box 71 – Indian (exempt income) - Employment
- Box 78 – Fishers – Gross income
- Box 79 – Fishers – Net partnership amount
- Box 80 – Fishers – Shareperson amount
- Box 81 – Placement or employment agency workers
- Box 82 – Taxi drivers and drivers of other passenger-carrying vehicles
- Box 83 – Barbers or hairdressers
- Box 88 – Indian (exempt income) – Self-employment
Note: You can enter your T4 slip on the Quick Slip page under the QUICK ENTRY tab. Simply type "T4" in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.