Error Message 320: SPOUSE_SIN_REQUIRED

You will see the following error message on the ERRORS page in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if you indicated on the Your 2016 income page that you want to split your pension income with your spouse or common-law partner, but you didn’t enter your spouse’s Social Insurance Number (SIN) on the Your spouse's personal information page:

Since you've chosen to split pension income with your spouse, you need to enter his/her social insurance number. [error code: 320]


How do I fix this?

To correct the error, enter your spouse or common-law partner’s SIN into the designated field of the Your spouse's personal information page. You can find the Your spouse's personal information page on the GET STARTED tab under the ABOUT YOUR SPOUSE icon.