You will see the following NETFILE error message from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if, you entered an amount in box 24 of the T4: Statement of remuneration paid page that exceeded the EI insurable earnings limit set by the CRA or, you indicated that your province of residence was Québec and entered an amount in box 18 but left box 24 empty or, you indicated that your province of residence was not Québec and you entered an amount in box 18 and box 55 but left box 24 empty:
1) Field 5478 cannot exceed the maximum of $50,800.
2) The province of residence is “Quebec” and an entry was made for total employment insurance premiums at field 5028 and an entry for EI insurable earnings at field 5478 is required.
3) The province of residence is “not Quebec” and fields 5027/5028 are present and an entry for EI insurable earnings (field 5478) is required.
How do I fix this?
To correct the error, ensure the amounts you entered on the lines listed above are correct. To do this, click the T4 link under the QUICK SLIP icon of the QUICK ENTRY tab.
- Line 5478: Box 24 (EI insurable earnings)
- Line 5028: Box 18 (EI premiums)
- Line 5027: Box 55 (PPIP premiums)