You've got questions. We've got the answers.

Warning Message: NEGATIVE_T126_REQUIRES_6783

You will see the following warning message on the ERRORS page in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if, while completing form T5013: Statement of partnership income, you entered an amount in box 107 (limited partner’s rental loss):

Since you reported rental property loss in your return, you might have CCA or carrying charges deducted on the rental property. If you do, you need to complete the Rental and leasing property section on the Alternative minimum tax (T691) page to calculate whether you have to pay minimum tax. [Warning]

How do I fix this?

To clear the warning message, enter your information into the Rental and leasing property section of form T691: Alternative minimum tax provided you have claimed carrying charges or CCA amounts related to the rental property.

Note: You can locate form T691 on the PREPARE tab under the OTHER icon.