You've got questions. We've got the answers.


You'll see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if you're filing a return separate from your spouse or common-law partner and, on the Amounts from [Spouse]’s 2016 return page, you did not enter an amount for the Registered disability savings plan (RDSP) income:

You need to enter the registered disability savings plan (RDSP) income from your spouse's 2016 T1 General. If your spouse didn’t have any RDSP income, enter 0. [error code: 267]

You will only see this error code on the Amounts from [Spouse]’s 2016 return page if, in addition to leaving the RDSP income field blank, you are claiming one of the following credits:

  • British Columbia sales tax credit
  • Manitoba personal tax credit
  • Newfoundland and Labrador low income tax reduction
  • New Brunswick low income tax reduction
  • Nova Scotia low income tax reduction
  • Prince Edward Island low income tax reduction or
  • Working income tax benefit (WITB)

How do I fix this?

To correct the error, enter the amount of RDSP income reported on your spouse or common-law partner’s 2016 T1 General on the Amounts from [Spouse]’s 2016 return page. If your spouse didn’t have any RDSP income, enter 0.

Note: You can find the Amounts from [Spouse]’s 2016 return page on the PREPARE tab under the OTHER icon.