You've got questions. We've got the answers.

Error Message 238: An entry in RC269_PartB_1 requires an entry in RC269_PartB_4

You'll see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if, on form RC269: Contributions to a foreign pension plan or social security arrangement, you entered your 2016 contributions to a foreign employer-sponsored pension plan but did not enter your resident compensation for the year:

You need to enter an amount for resident compensation because you entered an amount for contributions to the foreign employer-sponsored pension plan. [error code: 238]

How do I fix this?

To correct the error, in Part B of form RC269, enter your resident compensation amount for the year. You can find form RC269 under the PENSION PLAN AND INVESTMENTS icon on the PREPARE tab.