You will see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if you claimed the Community food program donation tax credit for farmers, but did not indicate that you were a self-employed and engaged in farming activities in 2016:

You can’t claim the community food program donation tax credit for farmers if you’re not self-employed. [error code: 199]

How do I fix this?

To correct the error, be sure to indicate that you were self-employed on the LET'S TALK ABOUT 2016 page. You must also complete form T2042: Statement of farming activities which can be found under the EMPLOYMENT icon on the PREPARE tab.