You've got questions. We've got the answers.


You'll see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if you and your spouse or partner have chosen not to file your tax returns together and you did not enter his or her net income for 2016 on the Amounts from [spouse]’s 2016 return page:

You need to enter your spouse’s 2016 net income, as shown on his/her TP-1 form for 2016, so we can complete your Québec return. [error code: RQ125]

How do I fix this?

To correct the error, enter your partner’s net income for 2016 as shown on his or her TP-1 form into the designated field of the Amounts from [spouse]’s 2016 return page in H&R Block’s tax software.

Note: The Amounts from [spouse]’s 2016 return page can be found on the PREPARE tab under the OTHER icon.