You've got questions. We've got the answers.

Error Message 125: S1_300_BASIC_PERSONAL_AMOUNT

You will see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if you have entered a basic personal amount for a spouse or common-law partner that exceeds the annual amount set by the Canada Revenu Agency (CRA):

Your spouse’s or common-law partner’s basic personal amount can’t be higher than $11,474.00. Make sure you entered the amount shown on his/her return correctly. [error code: 125]

How do I fix this?

To correct the error, enter the correct basic personal amount claimed on your spouse’s or common-law partner’s tax return by navigating to the Amounts from [spouse/partner’s] 2016 return page under the OTHER icon on the PREPARE tab.