Error Message RQ197: TP128_NEEDS_TP128_375_OR_TP1_136_168

You’ll see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2016 tax software if, on the Rental property income (T776 & TP-128) page, you indicated that you have income and expenses related to your rental property but you didn’t enter the gross rent you received during the year, expenses you paid, or the amounts needed to make the capital cost allowance (CCA) claim:

On the T776/TP-128 (Rental property income) page, you need to enter the gross rent during the period, or expenses related to the property, or amounts to make a capital cost allowance (CCA) claim for the property. [error code: RQ197]


How do I fix this?

To correct the error, return to the Rental property income (T776 & TP-128) page in the software and enter the following amounts related to the property:

  • Gross rent during this period under the Property details section
  • Eligible expenses under the Expenses section
  • CCA claim amounts under the CCA section

Note: You can find the Rental property income (T776 & TP-128) page under the OTHER icon on the PREPARE tab.