Under the LLP, you can withdraw up to $10,000 per year from your RRSP to pay for full-time training or education for you or your spouse or common-law partner. Unfortunately, you can’t participate in the LLP to pay for your children’s or your spouse’s children’s education.
In order to participate in the program, you or your spouse must meet all of the following conditions:
- You have an RRSP
- You’re a resident of Canada and
- You or your spouse is enrolled (or has received an offer to enroll before March of the following year):
- as a full-time student
- in a qualifying educational program and
- at a designated educational institution
For more information about the LLP, refer to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guide, Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP).
Where can I learn more?
- Repayments to the Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) (H&R Block Online Help Centre article)