TP-965.55.R: Recovery of deductions for a stock savings plan II (SSP II)

If you’re a resident of Québec and you withdrew shares or securities from your stock savings plan II (SSP II) in 2016, you’ll need to complete form TP-965.55.R-V in H&R Block’s tax software. This form will help you determine the recovery deduction amount for an SSP II claimed in 2014 that you might need to report as income on this year’s return. Make sure you have your 2014 and 2015 TP-965.55.R-V forms handy (if applicable) as you’ll need both of them to complete this page. 

Note: If you disposed of the shares or securities that you withdrew from your SSP II in 2016, you’ll also need to complete the Capital gains and losses (Schedule 3 & Schedule G) page.


Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your  2016 taxes:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the LET’S TALK ABOUT 2016 icon.

  2. Select the checkbox labelled I had investments and/or investment income, or I bought and/or sold property.

  3. Click the PENSION PLANS AND INVESTMENTS icon. You’ll find yourself here:


  4. Under the INVESTMENT INCOME heading, select the checkbox labelled Recovery of deductions for a Stock Savings Plan II (SSP II) (TP-965.55.R-V) then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the TP-965.55.R-V page, enter your information into the tax software.